You are here

LONG HAUL: Do I also need to file for authority to operate within the municipalities and commercial zones along the border in the U.S.?

No, long-haul operating authority also allows a motor carrier to operate within the commercial zones.  However, if you only want to operate in the commercial zones, there is a different application and process.  You should follow the instructions and complete the Form – OP-2 –Application for Mexican Certificate of Registration for Foreign Motor Carriers and Foreign Motor Private Carriers under 49 U.S.C. 13902.  You will also need to submit the Application for US DOT number – Form MCS-150 and Instructions– Motor Carrier Identification Report and Designation of Agents for Service of Process – Form BOC-3 – Designation of Agents-Motor Carri ers, Brokers and Freight Forwarders

Once you have completed the forms, you must print the completed forms, sign them, and mail them to the address indicated in the instructions for each form.







Last Updated : June 30, 2015
Submit Feedback >