You are here

GENERAL: I am a Mexico-domiciled motor carrier. Do I need an MX number if I’m just going one or two miles into the U.S.?

Yes, every Mexico-domiciled motor carrier that enters the U.S. must have an FMCSA-assigned MX number, a valid FMCSA Certificate of Registration for commercial-zone operations, or long-haul Provisional or Standard Operating Authority Registration, and a USDOT number regardless of the distance traveled into the U.S.

Last Updated : September 10, 2015
Submit Feedback >