You are here

GENERAL: What insurance (proof of financial responsibility) do I need to operate in the U.S.?

Mexico domiciled motor carriers with a certificate of registration to operate within the border commercial zones have two options:  (1) obtain daily trip insurance per 49 CFR § 387.31(b)(3) or (2) meet the minimum requirements found in the table in 49 CFR Part 387.  Long-haul operators must meet the minimum requirements in 49 CFR Part 387.

Last Updated : July 6, 2015
Submit Feedback >