You are here

Are carriers required to have their communications plan and routing contact phone number in place during the phase-in period after 1/1/05 but before they file the MCS-150B?

No. Carriers are not required to comply with the permitting requirements before they apply for their Hazardous Materials Safety Permit during the phase-in period. FMCSA recommends companies set up these systems ahead of applying for their HM Safety Permit to make sure they work and will be in compliance once the permit is issued.

Last Updated : April 15, 2014
Submit Feedback >